This 8th phase of research in the International Research Study of Public Procurement (IRSPP8) was focused on understanding how Public Procurement engages in innovation initiatives, the connections between innovation policy makers, the implementer, the role of Public Procurement, the level of engagement with suppliers and the overall impact on implementation of innovation policy. This research study was hosted in Cardiff, UK.
- An online survey was distributed end of June 2019
- The initial results of the survey shaped the design of the three day workshop (9-11 September)
- Senior practitioners and policy makers were invited for further participation
- A structured workshop addressed the key drivers, enablers, benefits and challenges of procuring innovation.
- Participants were invited to share best practices in public procurement.